Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 7, 2014 Quite the Week

Dear Family

So Now I am in Landshut in Bayern. This is actually in the same district as Neuötting. Which is really cool. They just changed it. Neuötting used to be with Rosenheim. So conference I was able to see Martin and Brother Bachmann. That was really cool. Martin came early yesterday and we talked for an hour. Then for priesthood Bachmann was there and I sat next to him. I could tell he was really happy to see me. I thought I would never see him again. That was a nice experience.

So saying goodbye to Ravensburg was hard. We got called Wednesday morning so we had one day to say goodbye to everyone. So we went out to lunch with the Buchanans to where D. works. He was really sad I was leaving. Then we went to see L. and he was bummed I was leaving. So he Gave me a ninja star. Im pretty sure it has been used to kill someone before. But still a cool gift, very personal. I could tell it had been used a lot.Then we went to pack and then we were supposed to have a lesson with Sister S. but she had allergies and couldn't meet.... but that was ok because I wanted to go to institute anyways to say goodbye to the few people who come. So the B’s and D. were there. And T. was there. So we drove D. home and he was bummed out in the car. I just had my arm around him. He was bummed.

So Thursday we got transferred and of course there were inefficiencies in it. for our district they spent 600 euro on tickets just for the 6 of us. When they could have done it for 120. So we all met up at the train station and I was able to say goodbye to Elder Gunn. And then Sister T. was there. That was really nice of her. We talked for a while and it was a great reunion. Then we came here to Landshut. And we have quite a few members. Like 65 active members. We are just a few priesthood holders short of being a ward. And we left the apartment thursday after putting my bags in the room and the second person we talked to stopped and we had a great conversation. Her name is J. and she is 30 years old ish. with 2 little kids. And friday we had a lesson with her. We showed her around the church and she loved the focus on the family and family history. She had already read some of the Book of Mormon and had some real questions. So we will see how it goes. And we have this african from sierra leon who should play football for byu. His body is just muscle. He is ripped and I wouldn't want to be on the other end of him in a football game. And we met with some recent converts from africa. They are cool. V, is from Rwanda and has a rough situation. But conference was amazing. We really had a great time. One of my favorite talks was from elder oaks. Always push forward. There is no up and down in callings only forward and backwards. I don't know what he exactly said it was in english. I watched it in german. But I loved it all. Bednar also gave an amazing talk. And the talk about the luge and bobsled. All were just amazing.

I love you

Elder Kinghorn

So this is my new address:


Kirche Jesu Christi hlt
Elder Devon Kinghorn
Zweibröchenstr 717
84028 Landshut
Germany



No comments:

Post a Comment