Friday, August 24, 2012

August 22, 2012

Dear family, 

I forgot one request.  Can you go on Amazon and buy pens.  The brand is Sakura, Pigma Micron archival ink .20mm.  Send 3 reds and 3 yellows.  That way I can color code for Preach My Gospel.   Speaking of that, 10 minutes ago we got small versions.  It's the same, just shrunk.  It's $3 at the book store.  It will be so much nicer to carry around.  Too bad it's only in English now.  I'll get a small on in Germany later probably.  

I'm so excited to leave and preach the gospel.  Tell all of the young men that nothing is more exciting than this.  jason will love this.  It's so great!  I've never been this excited in my life.  I need to get going ASAP.  I'll send a package home with stuff I don't need.  So be waiting for that, and another letter.  I'll write it tonight and get this in the mail.  
    Love, Elder Devon Kinghorn

Haha  I missed the mail.  So I'll write it here and send it tomorrow.  Tonight at the devotional Niel L. Anderson spoke.  It was incredible.  he spoke on 10 things the prophet would want us to know.  On wwwLDS.org it has Thomas S. Monson's biography.  You should watch it.  He knows Christ lives.  No one can tell him otherwise.  I wish you could see it.  Christ lives.  He knows it, and I know it.

It's time to turn off the lights soon and I need to brush my teeth.  I love being a missionary and I haven't even hit the field.  I love you so much.  Thank you for all of the support, love, memories and lessons.  You helped shape me into who I am today.  All of you-Mom, Dad, Tanya, Jason & Kevin

Love, Elder Devon Kinghorn

No comments:

Post a Comment