Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 21, 2012


Dear Everyone who reads this.

Well I leave next Tuesday. And I think I'm flying through Seattle to Amsterdam. Don't quote me on that (Mom put in the update here please) So it's a hop skip and a jump. I'm super excited. The MTC is lots of fun but I need to get out. And the food is blah here while Germany the food is amazing. And here everyone speaks Spanish and that's no fun. I'd rather speak German. Well I hope I can understand them. 

Ok, so there are some Germans who live in the same building as us but they are going to Greece. So I said something to one of them super early in the morning and he replied and I didn't understand a single word of what he said. I was like 'oh my goodness this is not good'. Then I found out he was speaking Greek to me so I felt better. I'm ok with not being able to understand Greek. It's just german I'm worried about at the moment, and being able to teach a lesson without confusing people to death. Haha well confusion isn't the worst. If they feel the spirit that's more important. Then all they need to do is read the Book of Mormon and gain a witness that it's true, and follow the commandments. So being a good teacher helps a ton. But they need to put in work also by reading the Book of Mormon, praying, and keeping the commandments. I'm just here to invite and help. They need to do the work by coming unto Christ. The best missionaries in the world Ammon, Alma, Amulek, Nephi, and Samuel the Lamanite all were persecuted by people. Even Christ himself didn't force people to follow him in his life. It's up to peoples agency. Which is why following is so important because it shows God our love and devotion to him. And, as we follow the commandments we become more like Christ. Commandments aren't restrictions, they're instructions on how to become more Christlike so when we return to God we have shown our progression thus far in this life and how we are capable to eternally progress until we become the same as God and Christ. When we are baptized we tell Christ, "we are now your child and we want to become like you". Mosiah 5. Commandments aren't so bad now are they?

Um so what's something that's happened that's exciting. I don't know. I need more stories. I'll tell you how scary it is talking to people in a language I can't understand in two weeks. Won't that be a fun experience.
Love Elder Kinghorn

No comments:

Post a Comment