Monday, June 4, 2012

Stir Crazy May 29, 2012

Well, hello everyone.  This past week flew by.  The MTC is great, except that we sit in a small box all day long.  Other than that it's great.  So, how is everyone fairing without me?  Having a good time?  My German is coming along fine.  I can teach lessons...sort of, but that's life, right?

Cultural Meeting is the last Thursday.  We are here for basically all day.  7 a.m to 9 p.m., I think.  It's a very, very long time.  oh well, I'm getting used to 16 hours a day in a prison cell, haha.  It isn't that bad in our little classroom.  The only problem is that it's about 20 degrees hotter than I would like it to be.  But that's life.  I'm not 1/4 done with the MTC.  It's a 9 week program, so estimated departure is July 17.  It's kind of a long ways away.  It's the same day as our cousin Natalie leaves.  I've seen the Nallys quite a bit here.  They're so great.  They really don't give much time to email.  My two teachers Bruder L. and Swester A. are nice.  Both served in my mission.  Well, the Munich Austria Mission.  They speak in German quite a bit, but now I am beginning to understand the German.  Too bad it's slow German and not the real thing.  But I still have 7 weeks to learn.

Jason, don't worry about graduation.  It's only once.  So even if it's terrible you only have to do it once.  Yes, I'm fluent now.  I know about 300 words, so it's coming.  German words are long- very, very long.  Like the word agency.  It's entscheidungsfreiheit.  Apostasy is glaubensabfal.  Maybe my spelling is off.  Good luck today, and remember that it's summertime and I don't get out of the MTC until July 17th.  Do me a favor and send me a yo-yo.  That would be great.  Not a cheap one, but a good $7 quality piece of plastic.  I haven't traveled faster than 12 mph in two weeks now.  It's kind of strange.  I'm cooped up in a small brick room smaller that our bedroom with 10 elders for most of the day.  We only get out of there for gym and meals.  But it's fun here.  We learn so much every day.

Our district leader last Wednesday snapped.  It was kind of funny.  He was sitting at his desk during additional study time and he just broke out in Disney songs for about an hour until dinner.  Then he was able to cool off and become more normal.  My district is great.  We have a bunch of great guys.  All are going to be amazing missionaries.  I can't wait to get out in the field though.  I think 7 more weeks in here will come in handy learning more German.  As of now I am not exactly what I would call fluent.  Oh well.  Sorry if my grammar is bad.  In German, things are said differently.  In my journal I wrote "I know not".  In German it's "Ich wise nicht".  I wish I could do the R sound that they do  It's still not coming.  I can get the noise after a while of trying.  even then it's very messy and I can't use it in a word.  It sounds like a Spanish R, just more refined.  maybe I told you that, but I don't know.  Life is just a big blur here.  We can't remember what was this morning or five days ago.  The only thing that we have to keep as sane is gym time.  It really does keep us alive in here.  Without it we would die.  Okay, well I'm out of time so I should go.  We're going to the temple.  Goodbye.  I love you.

Love,
Your son, Elder Kinghorn