Friday, February 15, 2013

February 11, 2013-Last Week in Wiener Neustadt




Dear Everyone.

Well I have some sad news. I am now leaving Wiener Neustadt and heading off to Germany. The address is: 

Kirche Jesu Christi
Elder Devon Kinghorn 
Ensingerstraße 36
89073 Ulm
Deutschland

It's important to have Kirche Jesu Christi in Germany because they don't use apartment numbers there. 

It is pretty sad having to leave behind an area that I've been in for the past 6 months. This ward is really really cool and I won't forget it. Who knows I might get the opportunity to come back on my mission. It happens with other missionaries sometimes. I know the lord wants me in Ulm and I know there are people there who need the gospel. 

It has been hard leaving this area behind. Wiener Neustadt is such a great ward. Our Ward Mission Leader is so cool. I will really miss him. We have had so many great experiences together. The whole family is so much fun.  

Also the family P. are way cool. They had us over yesterday for lunch. It was really nice that my last Sunday meal was with them. And it's fun to try to speak dialect with them even though I can't come close to doing it. I can understand dialect but can't speak it. They are a great family for the missionaries. They help with the work, feed us, and have lots of fun with us. Pervect! 

Then the H. family is really cool and I'll miss them too. Their son is 18 and heading out on a mission next year once he is finished with school. Who knows, he might come to the states and serve in our ward. I doubt it but you never know. There are also the S. They are a funny family. Their son is 17 and is great. 

There are so many other people....(Elder Kinghorn then names more people that he’ll miss)... I could write pages about each one of these families. Just so many people. Its really sad to leave everyone. But that's ok because I know I'm going to Ulm where the Lord wants me to be. 

Well last week I'll give a rundown. Monday after we finished pday we went contacting. We found an Australian. Not Austrian-Australian. He lived here when he was growing up and actually has Mormon friends in Australia. He is leaving this week to go to Germany then back to Australia. It was really cool to meet him. 

Tuesday we meet with C. and talked about chastity. Afterwards someone asked me if it was awkward to talk about chastity with a single girl. I just thought about it and then said no. It's really not. We also taught Spanish and German class on Tuesday. 

Wednesday we met with G, S and P. We watched The Testaments in Spanish. It was really hard to stay awake because I couldn't understand any of it. But then afterwards we asked S. what he thought about it. He really liked it. Then we asked him how he felt. And he couldn't describe his feeling. He had never felt anything like that before in his life. So we described to him that it was the Holy Ghost. We really think he will get baptized this year. He is super cool. I love the whole A. family. 

Then Thursday we spent the day really organizing our map and then had two lessons. One with C. and one with the Spanish people for German class. Then afterwards we had Ward Council. 

Friday was transfer call day. I found out I am going to Schwabenland. Then there was a zone thing in Wien. It dragged on for a while, but then we had sportabend. We played ping pong. So we went to the church and met M. there. He had a lot of fun there. But at first nobody was there. It was completely backwards. Normally there are lots of people. Luckily A and the bishop came so then it was a lot better. If it was only the 3 of us then it would have been a little bit.... ya. After ping pong we played Uno then went back home and went to bed. 

Saturday we helped M with some stuff with his new house. Then we went to Wien where we had a district thing. We got home late because it takes forever to get from the stake center back to Wiener Neustadt. 

Then sunday came. We had our last Sunday together. We went to the P.’s after church for lunch. I really wasn't hungry. I felt bad because the food was really good. We shared Jacob 4:10 with them,  

"Wherefore, brethren, seek not to council  the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works." 

We need to trust in the Lord and he always knows what's best for us. 

That's my week.
I'll miss Wiener Neustadt
Elder Devon Kinghorn
Schönbrunn







No comments:

Post a Comment