Thursday, October 4, 2012

Oct. 1, 2012 We had a baptism!




Hallo Everyone,

Yes, It's a Castle!
We had a taufe (baptism) last saturday. It was amazing. Brother T. is 70 years old. It’s exciting. It's great to see people grow in the gospel. He was found through reactivating his wife. The bishop sent two missionaries to talk with her and then he read the whole Book of Mormon in 3 weeks. He was so excited to be baptized. 

After the baptism we went on a long bike ride. It was rainy and we didn't want to ruin our suit pants so we called the zone leaders to see if we could wear jeans instead. They said call prez. So we called President Miles. He didn't answer so we called the AP's. They said, “Ya, that's fine if you have a white shirt, tie and jeans, but you have to wear cowboy boots too. So we did that and it was, well a long ride. And no one was there. But we got back and ate dinner planned and went to bed. 

Well you haven't heard about my knee because it's holding up without a problem. I can do everything a missionary needs to do with no pain; bike a billion miles, run to trains, etc.  As for my exercise, well I stretch and then bike. My knee is getting so much stronger. We climb stairs, that was another exercise I had to do at therapy. So climbing 4 flights of stairs is good too. The swelling is much better. We run a little bit, but not too much, mostly to catch trains. You feel terrible when you reach a train, and the door is locked, so you can't get in. Then you watch it drive away. Haha.  

Zach (another missionary) one time took a train, but his companion left something onboard so he ran in while Zach held open the door. Then the conductor was screaming at Zach, so Zach got off so he wouldn't be fined a billion dollars. Then, as the train left, Zach called his companion and said, “Well have a nice train ride.” Haha, so funny. 

Oh, we saw where Beethoven played in a church. It's just down the street from a church building where we had a district meeting in Wien last week. I had an exchange with the zone leaders. I went up to Wien (Vienna) with one of the Zone Leaders and the other came down to Wiener Neustadt to work. It was so different then here. Some people in a city aren’t as nice as other people. So I'm glad I'm in a smaller city or in tiny little dorfs (villages).

So in Wien we had a crazy lesson. It started out really good, but then it tanked. Some of her friends came and they were louder than the Carson family get togethers. And it was only two people!! Wow. But then somehow we got the lesson under control and were able to give a spiritual thought and gave them both Book of Mormons. So hopefully it's going well. 

But yea so we have this one investigator named S. She is ready for baptism, she just doesn't feel like it at the moment. But the family befriending her is a newlywed couple and fresh rm’s. Haha, one got back from his mission the day I hit the field  (Aug. 28th) and they are already married. So basically they are perfect joint teachers. It's just perfect.

And S. should be back this week. So we will resume teaching.

Hayden was being looked out for. (A friend that was in an ATV accident) The more I look back on life, the more I see how did I not get hurt there, like It should have happened. Our lives are saved more often then we think. I bet it happens every day almost. Maybe a car that would have hit you, but doesn't. We see miracles every day. The trick is we need to recognize them. 

In Wien we are going to the Young Single Adult Center which is right by Rathaus, so I'll send a picture to you of it. I bet you'll like that. 

Oh next week for P-day we are going to a chocolate factory with a family in the ward. Um, Lindt in America isn't nearly as good as it is here. And this factory makes it! So HAHAHA I'm going to be living your dream eating magical chocolate as we look at castles. Jealous? Ok that wasn't nice, sorry. Don't worry I'll send some home to you. 

And CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEK!! Oh, it's perfect for investigators. They will all watch it and say, “Wow, this church, is true and I need to be baptized.”

AHHH Switzerland. It's the place where every missionary wants to go. Well, that or Innsbruck because it's Innsbruck and Italy. And that's a pretty cool area. "Ya, I served in the Italian alps." Maybe I'll be able to say that, or maybe I'll just be able to say, “I served in Austria.” 

That's funny with the boat. Surfing isn’t even that much fun. Wake-boarding is so much better. Ya, adapt a wakeboard boat to surfing? But no need to buy a surfing boat. That's just dumb. Haha sorry for ranting on about that. Oh well. 

I had an austausch last week. I got to go. Zone PDAY. Woot!

Love you all, 


Elder Devon Kinghorn





No comments:

Post a Comment