Tuesday, May 22, 2012

First P-Day at the MTC -Letter #1

Well hello guys. Before I write my letter can you do a favor for my companion? He doesn't know his fathers email address. Could you call him at... and send a letter to me telling his email address? Thank you that would mean a lot to him. Well thus far I have learned a lot in the mtc. Both spiritually and linguistically. German grammer is really cool. It makes a lot of sence and in english it sounds like Yoda. I'll come back being able to talk like the little green man.... And a german. I found the best thing for me is flash cards. I've already gone through close to 100 since Saturday night. Repeating in my mind isn't as effective as I thought It would be but flash cards work very well. We have given three lessons in german 20 minutes for the first two and 30 minutes for the third. They really throw you into the fire as you're at the MTC. We are busy all the time. Almost no time to think. It's always class time. But I enjoy it here. It isn't as bad as people make it seem. Well except for the food. It's the same as BYU so I'm used to it but some of the other elders... well it doesn't agree with them. Oh well that's life, hey at least we aren't going to Africa. If we were then we would really have a problem with food once we got there. Everyone is super excited to be going to Germany. But the few of us going to the Alpine mission feel cool because we get to see a few more nations. It will be lots of fun but for now it's time to enjoy the experience at the MTC. We have spiritual experiences all the time. It's really cool when you're speaking in German and the spirit testifies that the gospel is true. In every language the gospel is true. No exceptions. I feel like I need to tell you more but I've included a lot in my letter home and it's only been a week. Not much happens here besides studying. Its every day from 7 to 9:30. Plus a few breaks for meals. But other than that there isn't much happening. I'll keep you updated next week.
I love you
    Elder Kinghorn