Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 8, 2013


Dear Family,

This week has been awesome. Last Thursday and Friday there was a conference meeting thing in München. I saw Elder Hyatt there, and all of my last companions except for Elder B. he is home now. But was such a great time. We learned so much on how to be better missionaries and how to help the other missionaries that we work with. 

General conference was amazing. Sadly we have as of now only watched 3 sessions. The other two we missed because of, well, the weird times. So we have to watch them sometime later. We learned so much, but the best part was we had someone named Frau M. (no idea how to spell her name) She is a referral from someone. Well almost. She hasn't met with us yet. I don't think she quite understands that's what we do as missionaries. But we were in Ellwangen for conference and she sat next to me. I could totally feel that she was loving it. Then afterwards we showed her the baptismal font and she was like, whoa this is cool. And do you baptize adult? But then she said, “Oh I've already been baptized when I was a baby”.... So we have to work on that. But I can totally see her getting baptized one day. She loves the church and wants to come every Sunday to church. Oh and on the way back from Ellwangen we had a long drive. But before our drive our tire was flat-with no spare....... So that took quite a while to fix and get back in order. 

Last week I was on an austausch (split) with Elder P (the one Elder Hyatt trained) and we found 5 potentials in one day I think. So that's just awesome. One of them we had the feeling would get baptized. So on Saturday we took the really long tram to go see him and he said basically no. So that was a heart breaker. But I think he'll get baptized one day with his whole family.

I Love you family

Elder Devon Kinghorn

No comments:

Post a Comment