Monday, December 17, 2012

December 10, 2012

Greetings from Wiener Neustadt everyone,

Well everything is going great here in Wiener Neustadt. The sun is shining and life is great. Ok the sun isn't shining, but life is great. It's bitter cold. That's ok because B., one of our investigators, is making tons of progress. We read with her out of the scripture and I swear she gets more out of it than we do. She is just awesome. She arranges her own rides to get to church.  She said she wants to choose a baptismal date after christmas. So, she will get baptized the end of this year or the beginning of next year. Then G., he is also doing great. We have a lesson with him tomorrow. He is awesome. He barely speaks German but still he is so much fun. We laugh so much every time we go over there. Saturday we did a lot of service for them. They had to move a lot of furniture around so we helped them with that for a few hours and it was great fun. They invited us to eat dinner with them. But we were fasting so we had to say no. But oh well because all is good.

This Friday is Zone Conference. That will be great. It's my first Zone Conference. Yes!  And I have been a missionary for over 6 months now. Kind of funny how that works. 6 months out and having my first Zone Conference. Hmm something's up here. Oh well, I'm excited for it. I hear they are great and we learn so much durring the meeting, but it is going to be a long day. We have to take the 6:30 railjet to get there by 8 in the morning. Then it lasts for 8 hours. We'll finally get back to Wiener Neustadt at about 6 at night. It's going to be quite the day. But oh well. Everything will work out just perfectly. 

Oh, and I'm sorry but the christmas package won't come till after christmas. I still need to get all of the stuff that go inside. The one you sent should probably arrive shortly. And thank you for everything and all of your prayers. This area really is awesome. Wiener Neustadt is awesome. I wish you could all see it one day. 

So the movie Silent Night (yes I've heard of it already) they said it was really accurate. Just a few small things. And the song Silent Night is only supposed to be sung on the 24th. That's a rule. It's so special that it's only for that night. Or at church the Sunday before. Last night we watched the Christmas Devotional (in German) and the bishop's wife was saying how weird it was; that Silent Night is not supposed to be sung until the 24th. So yea, then I also found out that most of the Christmas traditions we have come from Austria or Germany like Christmas trees and all the green stuff. The traditional dinner has a lot of German influence. Saint Nicholas was German. But in Austria Santa Clause doesn't exist; it's the Christkind. It's baby Jesus, but not. And it has no gender. It flies out of the windows and leaves the presents. So ya, it's just a little bit confusing. 

Yes, I did get the beef jerkey which was amazing and also the cheesecake pan. But I have no clue how to make a cheesecake. Well I do, but I have no recipe, which doesn't help too much. Also, it would be nice if you sent some turkey bags. I don't think they sell them here and then the water would leak. The ovens here have a slide in bath that you can use instead of the rack. Just in an envalope would work. They are so tiny it wouldn't matter. And they are reusable. It doesn't touch the food just water so it's no problem. Oh just to let you know I have gotten really good at making up a pasta on the spot. We do that a lot.  And of course putting in sausage because I'm in austria. Ya, giant things of sausage are just a few euro, so why not? 

I love you.

Love, Elder Devon Kinghorn

No comments:

Post a Comment